Professional Property Management Services for Community Schemes
Community Scheme: any scheme or arrangement, in terms of which there is shared use of and responsibility for parts of land and buildings; including but not limited to a Sectional Title Development Scheme, Home or Property Owner’s Association or a housing scheme for retired persons.Portfolio Manager:
- Dedicated to overseeing and managing all aspects of your Community Scheme.
- Assisting with obtaining maintenance quotations
- Attending to all correspondence
- Arranging for the insurance of the buildings, improvements and any other insurance for the Community Scheme, and assisting the Board of Trustees // Excom Members in the determination of replacement values.
- Handling of Insurance Claims on behalf of the Board of Trustees // Excom Members if required.
- Attending to all Community Scheme Ombud Services requirements (CSOS) and submissions
- Monthly Management Reports– Income & Expenditure
- Levy Contribution Roll – reflecting each Owner’s Levy Contribution Account, payments and arrears
- Investment of surplus funds
- Preparation of the Annual Budget for consideration of the Trustees
- Review of year to date Budget
- Preparation of the Annual Audit File at financial yearend.
Levy Contributions and Collection:
- Circulating of monthly Levy Contribution statements to Owners by email
- Calculating and raising CSOS Levy Contributions and paying these quarterly to CSOS
- Monthly Levy Contributions can be paid by any of the following methods: Debit Order, Electronic Banking, Direct Deposit or Stop Order at your bank
- Credit control of all outstanding Levy Contributions
- Raising of interest on arrear Levy Contributions on instruction of the Trustees
- Handover to Attorney’s for Levy Contribution collection on instruction of the Trustees
- Referring collection of Levy Contributions to the Community Scheme Ombud Services for adjudication
- Raising of water and electricity recoveries
- Issuing of Levy Clearance Certificates and Consent Forms
Payment of Monthly Accounts:
- Payment on authorization of the Trustees of all Creditors
- Payment of recurring Creditors ie: Municipal, Insurance, Garden Service, Lift Contracts etc
- Filing of all invoices
- Arranging and attending Trustee Meetings, one such Meeting being a Budget Meeting prior to yearend.
- Preparation and circulation of Trustee Meeting Agenda and Minutes
- Arranging and attending the Annual General Meeting
- Preparation and circulation of AGM Agenda and Minutes.
- Arranging and attending any other General Meeting – at additional costs.
Community Scheme Advice:
- Providing updates and feedback on changes and amendments:
- Sectional Title Act 95 of 1986 including amendments
- Sectional Title Scheme Management Act 2011 and Regulations
- Prescribed Management & Conduct Rules
- Community Scheme Ombud Service Act (CSOS) 2011 and Regulations
- UIF payments and deductions
- Workman’s Compensation annual payments
- Pay slips
- Minute Books
- All financial accounting records
- Filing of invoices
- Prescribed Management and Conduct Rules
- Constitution, Rules & Regulations
- Sectional Title & HOA Plans
- Annual Tax Returns
- Staff Records
- Assisting with drafting of Management and Conduct Rules, Constitution, Rules & Regulations, and amendments thereto
- The submission of Annual Tax Returns (IT14)
- Maintenance, facilitation and inspections